Additional Resources for U.S. Citizens

If you are interested in information about how to renounce or relinquish your U.S. citizenship in Curacao , please send an email to . You will receive a complete set of instructions and forms by email. General information is available at

Foreign nationals wishing to tour the White House must apply to their country’s Embassy or Consulate in Washington, D.C.

The U.S. Consulate in Curacao is not open to the general public to visit.

The Consulate cannot issue replacement or certified copies of U.S. birth certificates, death certificates, or marriage certificates. You can apply for a copy or request an amendment through the Vital Records Office in the state in which the event occurred:

Please review the Consulate’s website for further information. From the homepage select “U.S. Citizen Services,” then scroll down to Federal Programs and click “Selective Service Registration.”

You can find this information and more on the Consulate’s website. From the homepage click U.S. Citizen Services, then scroll down and click “Voting”.

For information about driving in Curacao you must contact the appropriate Curacaoan authority.

The IRS does not have an office at the Consulate. For important information from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for taxpayers living abroad visit:

If you still have questions after checking the IRS website, you can call the International Taxpayer Service Call Center for assistance at:

IRS refund checks are mailed to the individual’s last known address. If you are expecting a federal tax refund, you can check your refund status on the IRS website at:

There is information and resources available on the Department of State’s website which include tips on how to protect yourself and your money from scams.

On the website select “International Travel,” select “Emergencies,” and follow the guidance under “International Financial Scams.”

You are not required to report your marriage to the Consulate.

In general, marriages that are legally performed and valid abroad are also legally valid in the United States. However, each U.S. state has its own marriage regulations. Therefore, you should contact the relevant state’s attorney general to check whether your marriage and marriage certificate will be valid there.

Contact your local police to report a crime in progress or to report a missing person. They can contact Interpol for overseas crime.

Additional information is available at the Department of State’s website , select “International Travel,” select “Emergencies,” and follow the guidance under “U.S. Citizens Missing Abroad”

If you would like to speak to someone directly regarding a missing U.S. citizen in Curacao , call the Consulate:

Within Curacao call: 5999 433 2200

Within the United States: +1 301 985 8733

Outside Curacao or the United States: +599 (9) 433 2200 or +1 301 985 8733

The Consulate is unable to rebook flights or provide travel assistance. Please contact your transportation company for information about how to reschedule or rebook your travel. If you booked through a tour operator, they may be able to assist. You can also contact your travel insurance company if applicable. If you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the delay, the quickest way to seek help is to contact family and friends. If they cannot help, visit:

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website provides information about taking medication or food to the United States and information about prohibited and restricted items.

Visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website at:

The United States Postal Service (USPS) website provides information about mailing items overseas from the U.S, including lists of prohibited and restricted items.

Visit the United States Postal Service (USPS) website:

For information regarding what items you can take to Curacao from the U.S. you must contact the appropriate government authority in Curacao .