Additional Resources for U.S. Citizens

If you are interested in information about how to renounce or relinquish your U.S. citizenship in Kyrgyzstan, please send an email to . General information is available at .

Foreign nationals wishing to tour the White House must apply to their country’s Embassy or Consulate in Washington, D.C.

The U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyz Republic is not open to the general public to visit.

The U.S. Embassy cannot issue replacement or certified copies of U.S. birth certificates, death certificates, or marriage certificates. You can apply for a copy or request an amendment through the Vital Records Office in the state in which the event occurred:

Please review the Embassy’s website for further information:
You can find this information and more on the Embassy’s website:
For information about driving in Kyrgyz Republic you must contact the appropriate Kyrgyz authority.

The IRS does not have an office at the Embassy. For important information from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for taxpayers living abroad visit:

If you still have questions after checking the IRS website, you can call the International Taxpayer Service Call Center for assistance at:

IRS refund checks are mailed to the individual’s last known address. If you are expecting a federal tax refund, you can check your refund status on the IRS website at:

There is information and resources available on the Department of State’s website which include tips on how to protect yourself and your money from scams.

On the website select “International Travel,” select “Emergencies,” and follow the guidance under “International Financial Scams.”

You are not required to report your marriage to the U.S. Embassy.

In general, marriages that are legally performed and valid abroad are also legally valid in the United States. However, each U.S. state has its own marriage regulations. Therefore, you should contact the relevant state’s attorney general to check whether your marriage and marriage certificate will be valid there.

Contact your local police to report a crime in progress or to report a missing person. They can contact Interpol for overseas crime.

Additional information is available at the Department of State’s website , select “International Travel,” select “Emergencies,” and follow the guidance under “U.S. Citizens Missing Abroad.”

If you would like to speak to someone directly regarding a missing U.S. citizen in Kyrgyz Republic , call the U.S. Embassy:

Please call: +996 312 597000
Outside of Office Hours, contact: +996 312 597000
Outside of the Kyrgyz Republic: +996 312 597000

The Embassy is unable to rebook flights or provide travel assistance. Please contact your transportation company for information about how to reschedule or rebook your travel. If you booked through a tour operator, they may be able to assist. You can also contact your travel insurance company if applicable. If you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the delay, the quickest way to seek help is to contact family and friends. If they cannot help, visit:

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website provides information about taking medication or food to the United States and information about prohibited and restricted items.

Visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website at:

The United States Postal Service (USPS) website provides information about mailing items overseas from the U.S, including lists of prohibited and restricted items.

Visit the United States Postal Service (USPS) website:

For information regarding what items you can take to Kyrgyzstan from the U.S. you must contact the appropriate government authority in Kyrgyzstan.

According to the information from the Department of Customs Control of Manas International Airport, if a U.S. citizen intends to enter the country with a medication that falls under the category of controlled/prohibited substances on the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic, he/she must provide the following documentation in order to be able to cross the border and have no potential legal problems with law enforcement authorities:

  • Official letter from the medical provider about a patient; his/her medical condition/diagnosis; prescribed medication; and the dosage, quantity and duration of use. The amount of imported medication should match with the prescription’s data.
  • Documents must have official licensed translation into Russian or Kyrgyz language.

It is recommended that passengers inform the Customs Control of their upcoming visit via phone call at: +996 312 693089. Also, passengers are able to check with the Customs Control to confirm that their medical documentation is acceptable by emailing scans to: . To review the list of prohibited/controlled substances, please use the following link .